Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This & That

Pat celebrated his birthday yesterday. He's such a card!! He's always doing creatively funny things (with our animals). So, for his birthday I thought the animals should get together to wish him a happy one. I got a picture of them, and with Carrie & Micah's creative help we made a funny card for him.
Here's the outside picture. And inside it said "we got a cake to celebrate your birthday...it was good"
They finished the new shingles yesterday. I really really really like them. (There's a funny design you see on the picture - but it's all in the picture, it's not something you can see in person). They go very well with the brick, and it almost makes the color of the house look better to me (I'm not much of a blue person).
It's fun to have two readers in the house now. I was busy with Becca's bath last night, so Kaylee read her homework to Jacob! She loves to read and is very good at it already.

3 comments:

Eguna said...

happy birthday pat!!! i remember seeing your name on my calender last week. and then it became the 11th and i missed it. i'm REALLY good at missing things. =] hope you had a great day! did the animals save ANY cake for you? =]

shingles look good. what color are you planning on doing the house? or is that not something you're thinking TOO much about with the deck project still going. (i'm assuming if you finished the deck, there would be pictures.)

woo for woork. hmm...that almost makes it sound fun. i guess i should get back to it. ha!

Eguna said...

i think i win the prize for "longest comment."

and i think the "word verification" for my comment was trying to sell me a new perscription drug. talk with your doctor to see if seldrorl is right for you.

Cyndi said...

Shingles look great! They sure brighten up the house a ton! Pat, did you get any cake? Cool idea with the animals.

Your kids are growing way too fast! I miss them!