There are 20 scheduled days of school left before summer break!! Minus 1 for us because we're taking the day off to go to Tasha's college graduation in Bemidji this Friday. Lots of activities left to round out the year: dance show, karate rank exam, church choir concert, field trips, track & field days. But, thought I should post some pictures of our last month before I take more. I don't take pictures on a day-to-day basis much anymore, mostly just pictures of events, so then I forget that I have any pictures to post. So, sorry for the length of time between postings :-)

I went to the Science Museum with Jacob's class at the end of March. That was an experience. Lots to see in a short amount of time and LOTS of kids there at the same time. Sartell had 6 buses of 4th graders, plus there were other schools there too. Keeping my 6 students all together was sometimes a challenge. But, we all made it home!

Becca's class went on a spring walk through the woods near the school a few weeks ago. They walk through it in fall, winter, and spring to notice the changes. I have enjoyed being in her classroom once a week all year to help the children and the teacher. I'm looking forward to another year of that for 1st grade. I like to help, but I could never be a teacher - God Bless the teachers!!!

I went with Kaylee's girl scout troop to the St John's Maple Syrup open house. They toured the sugar shack where they make the syrup, learned how to tap a tree, helped remove some of the sap collection buckets because the season was done (that's what Kaylee's doing in this picture, I don't remember the technical name of the spiget thing she's removing), and then we had some warm maple syrup over ice cream (YUM!). Oh, we also got to ride in horse drawn wagons from the parking lot to the woods.

Sap collection buckets on some of the trees.

Jacob had his spring sing in March. He played a prelude piece on the piano (Rainbow Connection), and he had the most challenging piece to play (or at least, that's how I remember it) and did FABULOUS! He also had a speaking part introducing one of the songs they sang.

Kaylee's spring sing was in March. She got to dance to Step In Time from Mary Poppins. She's a GREAT dancer.

Easter - and Mom making them look into the bright sun to take the picture.

We dug up some of the lawn to make a garden this year!! We are still in need of a load of dirt to fill it in. We'll have tomatoes, peppers, carrots, lettuce, beans, scallions, and I don't remember what else. Yum!

Our rhubarb is HUGE already and very good.
Happy Spring!!
No comments:
Post a Comment