Thursday, November 29, 2007

Getting Flushed

We stayed at the Canad Inns in Grand Forks last weekend. They just opened last year and have a brand new waterpark. The tube slide was a giant bowl that you were shot into and then rode around usually 2 or 3 times before being "flushed" into the pool below.
Here's the best shot I got of most of the bowl (I didn't go up on the steps far enough to get anymore of it in the shot - I'm not sure why I didn't). Pat is making one of his rounds before being flushed.
Jacob had a "heart attack" as he calls it the first time he went down with Dad in the double tube. (That's what I say when I go in those waterslides that are all enclosed and have no light - the first part of this tube slide is enclosed, but only for 2 seconds). But after the second time he voluntarily went up with a single tube and then it was tough to get him off! He even got stuck in the bowl going around 7 times for one of his turns; the water couldn't get him towards the pipe. He's not one who usually tries anything by himself, so I'm super proud of him!! He had a great time roaming around the park with his buddy Declan, going on all the waterslides.
Since we started going to waterparks 3 years ago, the tube slides have always been Kaylee's favorite. Kaylee probably did the tube slide the most out of all of us. She just relaxes on the tube and rides the ride. She did scream sometimes through the first dark tunnel - one lifeguard said Kaylee's the loudest screamer. But, it's all with a giant smile on her face! When I went with Kaylee on the double tube she sat backwards on the front part so we were facing each other. Once you get to the flushed part on the double tube it's anyone's guess if you go down forwards or backwards - usually backwards everytime I rode it.

Becca did go on the tube slide a couple times too - but she was riding with me so we didn't get a picture of her in the bowl. She had a good time the first time she went, but then didn't want to go back until I convinced her to go with me one more time - then that was it. She had a smile on her face at the bottom both times - but she must have had a "heart attack" too :-) It was her first tube slide ever, the other two kids have been on them at other waterparks.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

The water park sure was fun. Declan is still talking about hanging out with Jacob. The tube slide was fun until I flipped off at the end that time. Next time we are there, I may not be going on it. We will see!

CI said...

What's wrong with Pat? He can't take a picture when Greta is on the slide? Your scrapbooks need pictures of Greta too!! ;)