Monday, August 25, 2008

The house is 'done'

We had another weekend of working on Grandpa's house at the lake. We completed all the soffit & siding on the house!!! All that is left is to remove the gutters to add some facia, and to install the exterior lights.
The kids had a good time climbing at the park last week. Mom thought she'd have some fun too!! I agree Nicole, climbing is fun :-) I had forgotten how much fun until this past weekend. I spent much of the time on top of the scaffolding installing soffit pieces and siding. And, even though I am usually afraid of heights and couldn't walk to the edge of the concrete patio at Hover Dam, being on the scaffolding was fun and not frieghtening. I think they should install adult size climbing gyms at the parks!! :-)
We completed the soffit & remainder of siding on the east side of the house.
Soffit & remainder of siding on the west side of the house.

We completed the soffit on the north side of the garage. Grandpa & Uncle Steve installed 4 windows in the garage (1 more to go). Steve got the insullation up on the north & south sides of the garage. This week one day, or next weekend we'll go back to finish the garage peaks.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

The house looks great! I guess it ended up being an entire summer project for you guys, as much as you didn't want it to be. Next summer will have to be pure fun......or maybe work on your own house?!