For Kaylee's birthday celebration she invited a friend to Space Aliens for games & pizza.

Kaylee & Anya racing while Jacob wacks moles in the background.

Surprise I'm going to take your picture.


The van hit 100,000 miles this week. We need it a few more years, so it better not start acting it's age anytime soon!

Saturday February 13th Jacob tested for his green belt (looks good on him!). It was a crazy day with Dad gone snowmobiling while Mom hauled 3 kids to Baxter for testing (the 2 girls being sick). Kaylee slept the entire morning, and at noon - just before Jacob was scheduled to test - she threw up. Another great karate family was able to take over and brought Jacob home after testing so Mom could bring the girls home early. Sorry Jacob that your family was not there to watch you test. Congrats for getting your highest score ever!!

After a weekend of sickness...mostly colds I think, but it wore them out (and Mom too)...the girls stayed home from school on Tuesday (Monday was a holiday) to get some more rest. They spent some of the day reading to each other, and some playing.

Kaylee was involved in Battle of the Books for the last 2 months. They have a team of 3 who read a set list of 9 books among them (Kaylee read 3 of them). Each week they practice answering questions about the books, then on Thursday they had the final battle. It started with 13 teams and they compete down to the top 3. Kaylee's team did very well, but didn't get into the final round. She wasn't very excited about it at the beginning because it was assigned books when she'd rather read her favorites, and the first book they gave her was the highest reading level which frustrated her. She looked like she was having fun during the battle, but I forgot to ask her afterwards if she'd do it again.
1 comment:
Fun times! Congrats to Jacob! Guess I get the orange belt now. ;)
Glad the girls are feeling better.
I completely understand how Kaylee feels - not wanting assigned books. But it can turn out all right. I've read two book club books now - one of which I never would have read. And they were entertaining enough. Plus I still have time to read books I want!
See you all next weekend!
Carrie (through Micah's account, it seems...because I'm too lazy to sign him out and sign me in.) :)
Post a Comment