Monday, August 16, 2010

Lots to Update

WOW! It's been a month since I posted pictures! And I had hoped to post pictures more often this summer. Sorry! The last month has gone by VERY fast with lots of happenings. I can't believe it's already been a month since we were at Valleyfair. But, I digress...here's the past few weeks of our lives in pictures (in not any sorted order).

A fun camping weekend with friends up north. They took us out on their boat, and pulled the kids on their tube. Thank you!!
Pat raced their dog for the toy. I need to get him out more!

The Fourth of July we had a fun-filled day with family. It even included laughing at...I mean watching a convertible try to pull their boat out of the lake. They did it eventually - with help from a pickup.
The kids loved playing with cousins Taylor and Kasen at the beach in Battle Lake. Whenever we are near Fergus they want to go back to that beach.

Over the 4th of July holiday our elementary playground was set on fire and completely destroyed. The girls joined friends of theirs to make cookies and sell them in our neighborhoods to raise money for their playground. The new playground should be installed before school starts.


Our first tubing experience of the summer with friends Jen & Brad and family. The kids have a blast on the water! Next summer may just be devoted to a lake :-) (Mom would sure like that).

Jacob and Dad spent a weekend at Cub Scout camp. They got to stay in a castle. Jacob was introduced to artery and b-b guns (among lots of other things).


VALLEYFAIR! We spent a few days camping in Baker Park Reserve near the Twin Cities. One day we took the kids to Valleyfair for the first time. They were super excited about the roller coasters. Becca was just tall enough for all the big rides by 1/8 of an inch! Although the following picture doesn't show it, they were all excited after every roller coaster ride and even went right back on a few of them. Mom's favorite is still the Corkscrew and I rode that many times, but the newer bigger coasters I let Dad take the kiddos while I held the bag :-)



We spent one day traveling Otter Tail County and beyond with Cyndi, Declan and Isaac to see the big statues of animals (and other stuff). Somewhere around 200 miles and 27 statues in 1 day.
Our summer didn't seem too busy with baseball this year. I think we missed more games then we were at. But, I think Jacob had a fun year. He had some awesome hits, a few great plays at second base, and even played catcher a few times. I liked his professional "Joe Mauer" stance.

Becca lost another tooth this summer...That makes it 5 in all. The other front tooth & the side tooth are also starting to wiggle.

What a joy to be able to meet the newest member of our extended family when he was less than a day old. All of the kids got to hold cousin Asher while he was in the hospital and to be there when we was brought home. I didn't get a picture of Becca holding him...gotta get that from Micah.

So, that's almost a month in review. I need a new post or two for our last few days...

2 comments:

Eguna said...

holy moly busy-ness!! looks like it's been a great month before heading back into school schedules.

the picture of the convertible is hilarious!! maybe if it had been a jet ski, the car wouldn't have had as much trouble....

fire at the playground? was it just hot and dry or was mischief involved? were becca and kaylee in the paper, or was that 'scrapbooked?' cool that they helped out with raising money for the rebuild.

tubing looks like fun...haven't been in YEARS! would i even remember how? ok - yes, just hold on....and maybe not when i'm 6 months preggers.

winter is already talking about when she loses her baby teeth. ha!

and very cute pics of the kids with asher. makes me even more excited to meet him (and our new arrival in november!!)

thanks for the update - have to admit i've been checking periodically and wondering what you've been up to with no updates. too busy to update - gotta play! =]

The Ringstads said...

Oh, yes the girls were in the paper for baking & selling cookies. Then, they all went together to the superintendents office to give him the money and they got a sneak peak at the new playground.

The fire started because a 13 year old was bored and had a lighter...