Friday, September 10, 2010

End of Summer...Back to School

Ok, ok, ok...I'm finally getting a first day of school pic on the blog. I admit, I've waited 10 years for this day :-) 7 hours to myself to do what I want. And, I'm doing it! But, also treating my family. The first day of school I had cookies freshly baked! (hope to do that once a week) Yesterday, I made a special dinner for Pat's birthday (ribs - something I wouldn't normally do by myself...Pat's the good meat griller around here. But they turned out really good.). But, most of my time these last few days has been researching Pat's family tree - and it's been FUN! But, takes time. I have many other projects waiting for my attention too --- scrapbooks, sewing, beading, volunteering at school, cleaning corners, planning fun meals, and being here for the kiddos when they come home excited (or not) from school.
First Day of School - cold, wet, but good. Jacob into the Middle School for 5th grade. He's still taking karate, in his second year of scouts, will start YDT (youth discipleship training) at church, is going to sing in the school choir and play Pat's cornet in the band. Becca's excited about going to school all day in 1st grade. She started her second year of dance class on Tuesday, will add a ballet class next week, and wants to join girl scouts. Kaylee is in 3rd grade and her second year of scouts. She also started back to kick dance class on Tuesday, and will be in the same ballet class with Becca on Monday's. She has "graduated" from sunday school and will be in GodZone on Wednesday nights.
They had a ribbon cutting ceremony on the first day to officially open the new playground (the replacement for the one burned this summer).

Our last weekend of summer we spent some time at Grandpa Ringstad's. The girls helped Dad find worms for fishing.

Jacob likes riding in the front of the boat.

It was a worm weekend. I'm not sure what is so exciting about them, but the girls were interested in the bucket and finding worms whenever someone needed a new one. Which was often because those little sunnies really liked to eat our worms.

We were able to take in a Vikings pre-season game last week! The kids first time to a Vikings game, but the 3rd time to the dome. Becca was asking me questions throughout why they were doing different things and what the game was all about. The girls were also excited to see the Viking mascot.

We were near the top of the dome! Could have been a little closer to a bathroom with three kids drinking pop! But it was still fun to be there to see the game live.

No comments: