Our week of firsts started with Kaylee's First Communion. She was very excited. She is growing up so fast!
Then, Mom hauled the camper for the first time by herself to Maplewood State Park. Ok, technically Pat was following me, but I was alone in the truck and I even backed it into the campsite! While at the campsite by myself I made a chocolate cake in the dutch oven. It was the first time I had started charcoal by myself & the first dessert we've tried in the dutch oven. At the end of our camping trip Mom & the kids packed up the camper and hooked it up to the truck. Then, Mom hauled it to the dump station to empty our dirty water. Many of these things we usually rely on Dad to do. Hmm, he better watch out or we'll take off with the camper by ourselves next year! (ok, maybe not, we like to have him around too).
While camping, Grandpa Allan brought his canoe out to teach the kids about canoeing. It was the first time they've been in a canoe. They all had a FABULOUS time and could have stayed on the lake all day.
The next weekend Dad & Jacob helped Grandpa Ringstad get his boat lift in the water and his fishing boat in. Then, we went for a couple boat rides around the lake.
A first I don't have pictures of - because I don't care to remember it. After getting home from camping we found head lice on Kaylee. Yuck. Her's was bad, Jacob had a few, Becca none (a relief). So, we've spent the last 9 days cleaning heads, cleaning sheets often, vacuuming often and being overall creeped out that I won't get them all. I need to be done with this!! Tomorrow is the lat official day of treatment and a final cleaning (so I'm sure I got them all!). Then, I'll be able to breath a little better - I hope.
Along with a busy week of cleaning I've spent LOTS of time in the basement finishing up mudding in Kaylee's room. I'm hoping we get ceilings & walls textured in the bedrooms this weekend and will post pictures when I have a minute.


2 comments:
Firsts-- You should be proud of yourself. Kaylee is growing up really fast!
Lice-- YUCK!! I would be totally creeped out all the time and my skin would be crawling. I am scratching my head thinking about it. Hopefully, you are done with that.
mmmm....lice....
how fun for camping and boating and playing!!! did the cake turn out delicious? i've made bread in our dutch oven at home - but haven't done anything on the campfire yet. i want to try it someday, though.
Post a Comment