Friday, September 2, 2011

Finally, another update!

I know, I know, I know, I haven't posted many pictures this summer.  And, I have no excuse other than 'it takes too long to load the pictures on blogger.'  (But, this time it didn't take as long!  They've upgraded!  So, you might get to see new pics more often, plus the kids are heading back to school next week so I'll have more alone time.)  We had such a great time yesterday, that I wanted to share the pics and stories (and some others).


Becca loving her new Sock Giraffe.  There was no pattern out there to follow, so with help from Carrie, and advice from grandparents, Mom was able to make soemthing that resembles a giraffe.  Yes, the legs are shorter than a giraffe would have in real life, but it's a stuffed animal people!  And, that's what I could do with 2 socks.  We think it's cute :-)

Kaylee's new bike!  Her other bike has been too small for her long legs for over a year now.  While at Grandpa Ringstad's a few weeks ago, we found Pat's childhood 10 speed and brought it home for a makeover.  After a little cleaning, new tires & tubes, and a swapped out seat (from her other bike) she now has a bike that fits her legs.  She LOVES it!

Our football player.  Jacob is playing football for the first time this year.  It makes Mom a bit nervous since he's smaller than other players, and hasn't been big into contact sports.  But, Jacob is LOVING IT!!  I haven't seen such pure excitement from him in any other activity, ever, in his life.  The other day they had practice in the rain.  When he got home I asked "how was practice in the rain."  He answered, "Better than practice in the sun."  They've been practicing for 3 weeks and start regular season games next week.  I'm looking forward to watching him play.  Prayers please, for his safety, and the nerves of this Mom :-)

********************************************
OK, onto last night's activities.  We went to the pre-season Vikings game versus Houston. 
THEY WON 28-0 !!!

 The UMD (duluth) championship hockey team from last year was there to blow the horn.

Last years Sartell Middle School principal was one of the refs for the game. 

 We bought our tickets through the Scout program, so we got to go onto the field after the game.
Well, the kids got to go onto the field to throw passes, the adults had to stand on the sidelines.

 Jacob winding up for his 20 yard pass!  I didn't get good pics of the girls' passes because they were in different lines and their line was shorter and they did their passes before I could get the camera turned on.

And what better way to finish the evening than a picture with Viktor!

No comments: