Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Constructive Weekend

We had a very productive weekend on the basement. Thanks to Dad for helping TONS!!! And to Carrie & Micah for helping again. We got all the wiring/outlets/lights strung and connected.
We built a closet in the bathroom. The black bucket is in the closet. To the right of the light switch box is an angle wall that is in the hallway.
We got the door frame built for Kaylee's closet. There is also sheetrock on the ceiling & a wall in the closet.

All the lower walls were finished with rebuilding and insulating (the pink foam stuff) in Kaylee's room. Her room also got some sheetrock on a lower wall and 2 sheets on the ceiling.

Jacob's room is all sheetrocked and mostly taped & mudded for the first layer. We took out the suspended ceiling and hung sheetrock up there. Hopefully this week I'll get all the mudding done in there and he can move back in for a little bit until we get to spraying the texture on the ceiling (which we will do the same time as in Kaylee's room).

Jacob's side of the wall dividing the bedrooms.

2 comments:

CI said...

It's no problem. :) I like helping....or doing punching jumping jacks and singing songs.

I wanna be....your sledgehamma!

Cyndi said...

Looking good! I am glad you got alot done and are not in the stand still anymore.