Friday, May 15, 2009

Micah misses us

Micah asked that I update our blog more often. I suppose since he NEVER gets to see the kids or the progress on the basement! But, since it's been over a week and I took updated pics of the basement today I thought I'd share with those that really never get to see it. Oh, Micah, you can look too. I went on a field trip with Becca's class to Quarry Park in St Cloud. I had heard about it, but we had never been there. Now after finally going with the class we'll have to take the whole family. It's a great nature area to walk around. There are lots of piles of rock and previously used quarrys for fishing, swimming & diving (don't think I'll take up quarry diving though).

Here is the progress on the basement. The center wall was removed and rebuilt so Jacob's room is a little smaller - but this makes both bedrooms about the same size. The little wall on the right I built all by myself!! (that will divide Kaylee's room from the bathroom and also hold the bathroom door). A few small walls are left (around the closet & around a pipe) and the ceiling framing around the furnace ducts. Then we can get outlets wired and start installing sheetrock in Kaylee's room.

We removed the paneling on Jacob's lower walls and they have been extra insulated and covered with sheetrock. Hopefully that will help keep the room warmer during the winter. I have the tape & first layer of mud on!! It's good to have the progress. The wall between the bedrooms would be sheetrocked on Jacob's side too - but I ran out of sheetrock. We'll have to go shopping today or tomorrow and get more.



Kaylee had her final dance performance of the year last weekend. Above video she is the 3rd from the right. Below video is of the finale. It's a little wobbly (sorry), Kaylee is 5th in her line (3rd in pink). That's all the girls that danced at this one show (even more that were lined up the stairs). Many of the older girls (7th grade & up) had to dance in all 3 shows that day.

After 2 years of ballet she has decided to try the Kick class next year. Becca is going to start dance next year also in a kick class.


2 comments:

Eguna said...

thanks for all the pics!! looks like you've been busy on the basement. fun that the kids can all help now. can't wait to see more updates.

great job dancing, kaylee!!

Anonymous said...

Great update! I feel so special now that I was mentioned and everything :)

Micah