Guess I can't have all the fun for myself. The kids helped with knocking down the wall between the two bedrooms (this wall will move a little to the east). Well, I guess I can't say all the fun. I'm getting a little tired of destructing and would really like to get moving on the rebuilding. But, there's more to go!

Jacob and his mallet - which broke later in the day when he swung it and the head flew off!

Kaylee tearing off some sheetrock.

Becca tearing off sheetrock.

How it looks now. Let's see how well I can explain. Pat is sitting infront of Jacob's previous doorway. That door will move to the left about 1 1/2 feet to where you can see the edge of the sheetrock that is remaining. The wall down the middle is the current/soon-to-be-previous wall between the bedrooms that will move to the left also about 1 1/2 feet. At the very right edge of the picture you can see the bathtub. It is sitting just outside the new walls we built to surround it. (So yes, we have done some rebuilding!). It is sooooo much brighter in the basement during the daytime. We've planned the doorways to the bedrooms to be inline with the light coming in the windows so it won't feel as much like a dark dungeon on that end of the basement anymore (as long as the doors are open! wait til we have teenagers). Tonight Pat hopes to get the wall built for the bedroom doorways and take the rest of the dividing wall down and start rebuilding that.
1 comment:
I bet you have more done already, but it will look really cool to have light in that part of the basement.
Post a Comment